Gmail communicates with you officially for many reasons.
Gmail uses your alternate ID for the following reasons
- Confirming your Gmail user name after you create one
- If you are not able to login to your Gmail account
- If you have forgotten your password and want to retrieve it
- If your Gmail storage space is full
- And other Gmail issues related to your account
So it is advisable to have an alternate ID to get these notification
You can change the alternate ID by doing the following
- Go to settings
- Under settings page you will the below menu, click accounts
- You will see list of options
- Click on ï¿½Google account Settingsï¿½ as shown below
- This will open a new screen or window with more options as seen below
- This appears at the left side of the screen
- Click ï¿½Change Security Questionï¿½ (You are not going to change the security question)
- You will see the options for changing the security question and also to enter your alternate email ID
- Enter your new alternate ID and click Save to save the changes
Yes, now you will see that you have changed your alternate ID and you will get notification in case of any issue with your Gmail account.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please post a comment.
2 thoughts on “Gmail Tips and Tricks – Changing your alternate email address”
I have a question on HOW TO change the gmail email id for gmail
Can you please elaborate on your question please?